The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees UNHCR Recruitment 2023 is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to join its team in Nigeria to help provide protection and assistance to these vulnerable people.
If you are passionate about helping refugees and displaced people, then a career with UNHCR in Nigeria could be the perfect opportunity for you. The UNHCR offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, and you will have the chance to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most.
Moreover, Nigeria is home to over 3 million refugees and displaced people, making it the third-largest refugee-hosting country in Africa.
To learn more about UNHCR recruitment in Nigeria, please continue reading this article.
Table Of Contents
About UNHCR Recruitment 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently recruiting qualified and experienced individuals to join its team in Nigeria. UNHCR is the UN agency responsible for the protection of refugees and the search for durable solutions for them.
The UNHCR recruitment process is competitive and thorough. Applicants are first required to submit an online application form. Those who are shortlisted will then be invited to participate in a series of assessments, including a written test, an interview, and a skills assessment.
The UNHCR is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. Applications from qualified women and minorities are particularly encouraged.
If you are interested in applying for a position with UNHCR Nigeria, you can find more information and apply online by continuing to read this article.
Available Vacancies at UNHCR Recruitment 2023
Are you interested in working for the United Nations UNHCR department? The following are some of the available vacancies at UNHCR Recruitment in Nigeria:
- Assistant Protection Officer in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Community-Based Protection Associate in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
- Field Officer in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Programme Associate in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
- Refugee Status Determination Officer in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.
These are just a few of the many available vacancies at UNHCR Recruitment in Nigeria. For a complete list of vacancies, please visit the UNHCR website.
General Requirements and Eligibility for UNHCR Recruitment 2023
The requirements and eligibility for UNHCR recruitment vary depending on the specific position you are applying for. However, some general requirements include:
- Education: You must have at least an undergraduate degree from a UNESCO-accredited institution.
- Work experience: You must have relevant work experience in the field of refugee protection or humanitarian assistance.
- Language skills: You must be proficient in English. Working knowledge of another UN language may be required for some positions.
- Competencies: You must have the following competencies:
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In addition to the above requirements, you may also be required to meet certain nationality and residency requirements. With that in place, you’re set to apply for the UNHCR jobs. The following paragraph will explain how to go about the process.
How to Apply for UNHCR Recruitment 2023
Here are the detailed procedures on how to apply for UNHCR Recruitment in Nigeria from the website:
- Go to the UNHCR website and click on the “Careers” tab.
- Select “Nigeria” from the list of countries.
- Click on the title of the position you are interested in.
- Read the job description carefully and make sure you meet the requirements.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- You will be redirected to the UNHCR online recruitment platform.
- Create an account and fill out the application form.
- Upload your CV and cover letter.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Related: How to Apply for UNICEF Recruitment
The UNHCR recruitment process is competitive and thorough. It may take several weeks or even months to hear back from UNHCR after you submit your application. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to participate in the interview.
We at Recruitdem wish you good luck and hope you meet the list of shortlisted candidates.