Are you one of the secondary school final-year students who want to participate in the WAEC Registration 2024. You are on the right page because we will provide you with the WAEC instructions and all the exam-related material you require.
This article is intended to inform students, parents, and the general public on the West African Senior School Certificate Examination registration process.
Table Of Contents
How to Register for WAEC Examination 2024
The registration process for the WASSCE exam in 2024 consists of the steps listed below:
- Login to the WAEC Registration Portal: The official WAEC registration portal is accessible at https://registration.waecdirect.org/ or http://www.waeconline.org.ng/ upon payment of fees and getting the access PIN. Each candidate must enter their personal information before beginning the WAEC registration process. Also, they ought to use biometric data capture software to register their fingerprint. Make sure your names are recorded while using the software.
- Complete the Bio Data: In this section, it is necessary that you please enter your profile information. You should provide your birthdate, nationality, state of origin, gender, marital status, status as a virgin, and any disabilities.
- Have a Picture Capture Using Webcam: Picture capture plays a significant role in WAEC registration. If the photo capture is not complete, you have not yet registered for the examination. Students must use a webcam that meets the requirements of the WAEC in order to capture photographs online. The photos must be taken carefully because they will be put on your certificate and photocard as a student.
- Provide Your Contact Information: You are required to enter all of your relevant details here. This contains your email address, phone number, state, city, and city of residence, as well as your residential address, postal address, and state. These contact details are crucial so that applicants can be reached if there are any issues with registration or the exam.
- Select your Preferred Examination Town: In this step, you must choose the town and state where you want to take the exam. The system will automatically allocate the precise center because the WAEC registration page already lists all accredited centers. It’s also crucial to be aware that the examination town option can only be made once.
- Select your Subjects: Selecting the subjects for which you want to register for the exam is required at this stage. The compulsory Mathematics and English Language will be automatically selected for you. Just a maximum of nine subjects—no less than seven—may be chosen.
- Submit your Registration: After completing the registration process, you must click the ACCEPT option to submit your application. You can also correct your mistake in the application by clicking the EDIT button. If your registration form is error-free, you can click the SUBMIT button to submit it.
- Print out your Photo Card: Here, the system will assign you to a center and generate your examination number. Afterward, print the photo card and admission notice. Please take note that you must present this document before being admitted to the examination room.
- Complete the Registration: Each candidate must complete the registration process within two weeks of using the website. Applicants should confirm the accuracy of their names, pictures, birth dates, subjects, nationality, and passports.
Related: How to Register JAMB UTME Form 2024
WAEC 2024 Registration Starting Date
When is the 2024 WAEC Registration starting? We bring to your notice that the West African Examination Council has announced 2 February 2024 as the official date for the commencement of the WAEC registration for this year.
The offline WAEC 2024 registration period runs from February to April 2024. The WAEC Online, on the other hand, will start on February 2 and run through March 20.
WAEC 2024 Registration Closing Date (Deadline)
The WAEC closing dates for online and offline registration for the 2024 exercise are scheduled as follows. WAEC closes its online registration in April 2024 and the offline registration will close on 20 March 2024.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has informed all institutions that the registration deadline for the 2024 WAEC will not be extended.
There won’t be any late registration for students. Also, unlike previous years, the registration deadline will not be pushed back.
WAEC 2024 Examination Starting Date
When is this year’s WAEC examination commencing? The main exam period for school applicants is scheduled by the West African Examination Council to begin on May 9 and end on June 28, 2025.
The WAEC examination is conducted only once annually, typically in May or June. The registration usually starts 3 or 4 months before the starting of the exams. This article highlighted the process of registering for WAEC examination 2023. Candidates are advised to pay a registration fee of N18,000 at any WAEC Registration center or the school of your choice in order to be eligible to register for the exam.
Related: How to Check Your WAEC Results
Do you have any questions regarding WAEC registration? Please use the comment section below. We promise to respond to them as best we can.